Trollpasta Wiki:The Rules
From Trollpasta Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search
|The Rules • Q&A • Editing 101 • Genre Listing • Clichés List • Do's and Don'ts|
|Featured Pastas • Fail of the Month Winners • New Stories|
|POTM • Logos and Backgrounds • Characters • Wiki Timeline|
- Do not abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate other users.
- Do not post or transmit any content that is obscene, abusive, pornographic, profane, or otherwise violates any law or right of any third party, or content that contains LGBT-phobia, ethnic slurs, religious intolerance, or encourages criminal conduct.
- Do not attempt to impersonate another user or person.
- Do not post any illegal or unauthorized content or use for any illegal or unauthorized purposes.
- Do not post, upload, transmit, share, or store unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations, "spam", or any other type of unauthorized solicitation.
- Do not solicit personal information from any user.
- Do not violate any laws (including but not limited to copyright laws and laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content).
- Do not post advertisements or solicitations of business.
- Do not upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, limit the functionality of, or enable unauthorized access to any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- Do not forge headers, or manipulate source identifiers or otherwise attempt to disguise the origin of any content made available via the Service.
- Do not access, collect or store personal data about other users in connection with the prohibited conduct and activities described in this “User Conduct” section.
- As an editor, you should make helpful, worthwhile edits to pages. You should try to help users find their way, fix up stories that need it, and when possible assist the admins in locating pages that either need not be on here or have been vandalized.
- Do not make any number of pointless edits to to inflate your edit count. This includes, but is not limited to, adding one category per edit, changing a few words over many edits, or making one edit to add a picture, one edit to change a few words, then another edit to add a category.
- We already have like a zillion categories, so don't go around creating new ones. If you think a new category should be added, take it up with an admin.
- No vandalism. Period.
- Do not harass, intimidate, threaten, or express an interest in harming other users in any way/shape/form anywhere on this site. This is a community, and if you cannot coexist with the other users in it then this is not the place for you to be.
- Plagiarism will not be tolerated here. Period. If you need to pass off other peoples' works as your own, you do not need to join this community, because we do not need people like that here.
- Please be mindful that our editors are of all ages, nationalities, and races. With this in mind, please do not message people offensive and/or sexual material. Highly sexually explicit and/or purposely offensive material is unwelcome on the site, no matter how funny you may find it to be.
- Do not post screamer links, images, or videos.
- Some of the content of this site may not be suitable for viewers of all ages. As the content here is not suitable for all ages, it is required that users who sign up for accounts and intend to edit on this wiki be THIRTEEN (13) years of age or older. Viewer discretion is advised.
- EVIL PATRIXXX cannot die. Anyone who submits a story in which PATRIXXX dies will die horribly at the hands of EVIL PATRIXXX. It's just one of the established rules of the Trollpasta universe.
- NSFW stuff is allowed on the site, but is only limited to written material, not visual, audio, or video. The written NSFW content must also not go over the top. That means no highly sexually explicit pastas.
- Additionally, stories involving the sexualization of minors in any way shape or form are forbidden. If any story is found to be violating this rule, it will be subject to: either removal of the offending part, the character's age will be changed to make them an adult, or the story will be deleted.
- Stories that make light of sexual harassment, sexual assault or any kind of sexual violence are not allowed. Similarly, stories that make fun of actual existing victims of violent crimes are not allowed.
- Stories involving animal cruelty are considered to be too extreme and will generally be deleted. Stories involving bestiality/zoophilia are not allowed.
- Stories written using AI will be deleted.
- Screamer links are not allowed anywhere on the site, if they are spotted anywhere, they will either be removed or the page will be deleted depending on the context.
- Rules regarding category usage can be found here.
- You are not allowed to write stories that slander, defame, or spread unsubstantiated rumors and/or gossip about individuals.
- Similarly, do not write stories that are just "Hey guys look at how pathetic and cringy this community is!" - depending on how severely this rule is broken, it will be viewed as either harassment or an attempt to instigate a raid, and you will receive a lengthy ban.
- Your stories should be legible to the average reader. This means yuo can maek stories dat r written liek dis, but stories that are hard to read are discouraged and will most likely be deleted.
- As stated in rule #1 of the Content Rules section, sexual content must not go over the top. We've had issues in the past with trollpastas whose only jokes are "OMG these characters are having sex!" and not much else. Here are two stories that show you what the limit should be when it comes to writing NSFW trollpastas: The Tale of Shrek, Robotnik2.exe.
- Running already existing stories through Google Translate, Bad Translator, Gizoogle, or any other programs of similar nature and uploading them here is no longer allowed as of September 2023.
- Stories are encouraged to have a plot, but this rule is not strict; if you believe you can make a story with no coherent structure and also have it be funny, go for it.
- Reuploading a previously deleted trollpasta is allowed as long as you have made significant changes to the story in question. Otherwise, the page will be deleted and you will receive a short ban.
- Keep explicit political satire out of this site. We are not the place for that.
- You are discouraged from using your or any of your friends' and acquaintances' real names and hometowns as characters and locations for your trollpastas. This isn't a strictly enforced rule, but it exists more so to future-proof stories and protect your privacy. You wouldn't want your friends or colleagues a few years from now to look up your name and find "AND THEN JIMMY ANDERSON DEFEATED THE STINKY POOP MONSTER BY EATING IT WHOLE".
- You are not allowed to upload stories with incompatible licenses to this site unless the author has explicitly stated they are fine with their work being shared. This site is CC-by-SA, meaning CC-by-NC stories are not allowed here. Stories from r/nosleep, ScaryForKids, as well as stories that originated in books are not allowed here. Uploading stories from DeviantART is generally discouraged as they usually tend to be marked as CC-by-NC; other sites have issues where once in a while a DeviantART author will issue a takedown notice due to their story being reposted without permission.
- Some of the bad creepypastas on this site might contain plot elements that some of our admins consider to be a bit too crass. One story might contain excessive violence, another story may contain kids dying, another might contain a kid becoming a serial killer, etc.. We do not encourage or glorify these acts; these pages are merely being stored here as an example of how not to write a horror story, as well as archival purposes (for the sake of several stories not becoming lost media). The point is not for someone to read this story and think it's cool, but to go "This is awful, why did the author think it was a good idea to put this in?" - which is how the community here receives these stories. It's not different to watching a cheesy horror movie.
- Creepypastas that amount to being nothing but but torture-fics à la Dating Game are considered excessive and are not allowed here.
- Actual SCP Foundation stories are not allowed to be uploaded here.