Trollpasta Wiki:The Rules
From Trollpasta WikiJump to navigationJump to search
|The Rules • Q&A • Editing 101 • Genre Listing • Clichés List • Do's and Don'ts • How to Help|
|Featured Pastas • Fail of the Month Winners • New Stories|
|POTM • Logos and Backgrounds • Characters • Wiki Timeline|
- Do not abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate other users.
- Do not post or transmit any content that is obscene, abusive, pornographic, profane, or otherwise violates any law or right of any third party, or content that contains LGBT-phobia, ethnic slurs, religious intolerance, or encourages criminal conduct.
- Do not attempt to impersonate another user or person.
- Do not post any illegal or unauthorized content or use for any illegal or unauthorized purposes.
- Do not post, upload, transmit, share, or store unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations, "spam", or any other type of unauthorized solicitation.
- Do not solicit personal information from any user.
- Do not violate any laws (including but not limited to copyright laws and laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content).
- Do not post advertisements or solicitations of business.
- Do not upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, limit the functionality of, or enable unauthorized access to any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- Do not forge headers, or manipulate source identifiers or otherwise attempt to disguise the origin of any content made available via the Service.
- Do not access, collect or store personal data about other users in connection with the prohibited conduct and activities described in this “User Conduct” section.
- As an editor, you should make helpful, worthwhile edits to pages. You should try to help users find their way, fix up stories that need it, and when possible assist the admins in locating pages that either need not be on here or have been vandalized.
- Do not make any number of pointless edits to to inflate your edit count. This includes, but is not limited to, adding one category per edit, changing a few words over many edits, or making one edit to add a picture, one edit to change a few words, then another edit to add a category.
- We already have like a zillion categories, so don't go around creating new categories. If you think a new category should be added, take it up with an admin.
- No vandalism. Period.
- Do not harass, intimidate, threaten, or express an interest in harming other users in any way/shape/form anywhere on this site. This is a community, and if you cannot coexist with the other users in it then this is not the place for you to be.
- Plagiarism will not be tolerated here. Period. If you need to pass off other peoples' works as your own, you do not need to join this community, because we do not need people like that here.
- Please be mindful that our editors are of all ages, nationalities, and races. With this in mind, please do not message people offensive and/or sexual material. Highly sexually explicit and/or purposely offensive material is unwelcome on the site, no matter how funny you may find it to be.
- Do not post screamer links, images, or videos.
- Some of the content of this site may not be suitable for viewers of all ages. As the content here is not suitable for all ages, it is required that users who sign up for accounts and intend to edit on this wiki be THIRTEEN (13) years of age or older. Viewer discretion is advised.
- EVIL PATRIXXX cannot die. Anyone who submits a story in which PATRIXXX dies will die horribly at the hands of EVIL PATRIXXX. It's just one of the established rules of the Trollpasta universe.
- Uploading unfinished stories is heavily discouraged. If the story is not updated after the initial upload or finished within a week, it will be deleted.
- Stories should be legible to the average reader. This means yuo can maek stories dat r written liek dis, but stories that are almost unreadable are discouraged and will most likely be deleted.
- Running already existing stories through Google Translate, Bad Translator, or any other programs of similar nature and uploading them onto the site is not allowed.
- Stories are encouraged to have a plot, but this rule is not strict; if you believe you can make a story where random thing after random thing happens and also have it be funny, go for it.
- Reuploading a previously deleted story is allowed as long as you have made significant changes to the story in question. Otherwise, the page will be deleted and you will receive a short ban.
- NSFW stuff is allowed on the site, but is only limited to written material, not visual, audio, or video. The written NSFW content must also not go over the top. That means no highly sexually explicit pastas. We've had issues in the past with stories that describe characters having sex in detail, and that being the only 'joke'. Here are two stories that show you what the limit should be when it comes to writing NSFW Trollpastas: The Tale of Shrek, Robotnik2.exe. Using rape as a plot device, punchline, joke, etc. is strongly discouraged.
- Additionally, NSFW stories involving the sexualization of minors in any way shape or form are forbidden. If any story is found to be violating this rule, it will be subject to: either the offending part will be removed; the character's age will be changed to make them an adult; or the story will be deleted.
- Files that are not used in any page will be deleted after a 2 week period.
- Rules regarding category usage can be found here.