About your pasta
Trollpastas were more like that back in the day, but in recent years we've been striving for more quality stories that don't overly rely on random memes, cliché's, etc, which your pasta did quite a bit of. Punctuation spam and sections of the story that are incoherent and messy also doesn't make your story funny, just incredibly obnoxious and difficult to read. It also gives your story a bad first impression to readers, since they're probably going to assume it's just spam and go find something else (hence why someone added the delete template to your story).
I hope you understand and strive to make better trollpastas in the future.
- Ok. I understand. However, when you said "Punctuation spam and sections of the story that are incoherent and messy also doesn't make your story funny, just incredibly obnoxious and difficult to read" and "I hope you understand and strive to make better trollpastas in the future," that's completely subjective. I personally found the pasta hilarious, especially because of a TTS reading it. Also, I was aiming for the (probably niche) community who likes a trollpasta portraying someone as a egotistical brat and having said brat as the narrator of the pasta, while the poor grammar, spelling, etc. hilariously muddles their ability to convince us that they're the best, not the ones who like proper grammar, and I also thought that this wiki accepts pastas like mine. Also, what did you think of the pasta? ~~~~ CreeperExplodeMakesGames14 (talk) 04:09, 17 September 2023 (UTC)
Questions about site organization belong on the admins' talk pages. Adding them like that within articles is disruptive and most editors will remove them. Reverting the corrective edits with an aggressive edit summary where you angrily demand they are answered - especially when the questions at hand are rather trivial - is bad.
"Im died" and "Suicide" cannot be added together because back when they were allowed both categories had a ~70% overlap, and we generally try to avoid heavy category overlap nowadays.
- Sorry. My brain just went for the first option that came into mind and didn't think of others. Also, if that's the reason they cannot overlap, why not make an "Im suicided" category instead for pastas with the narrator committing suicide instead of someone else doing it or the narrator dying without wanting to die? Also, can the "English doesn't suck" category be added on the pasta? It doesn't suck for the majority of the time, although there are a few misspellings done on purpose. If not, can you make a "Articles with English that mostly doesn't suck" category instead?~~~~ CreeperExplodeMakesGames14 (talk) 21:15, 26 September 2023 (UTC)
- Because "Im suicided" would be redundant as the Suicide category already exists. Not every common pasta trope needs a corresponding category, that would make things cluttered. The English Class Failure category wasn't added to your pasta due to the spelling and grammatical errors being minimal. I don't know what you mean by "So that page lists categories that won't be made". As for 'not replying to messages', I have replied to every message sent on my talk page. Several users who have messaged me on my talk page are also in the Discord server. Sometimes matters that started on the site have been resolved on there, that's why sometimes I don't reply to messages on their talk pages; they've already been resolved on Discord. If you're referring to KalyTroller's posts on my talk page, their messages were sent when I was offline. They sent their first one at 22:51, and after not getting a response within three minutes, they had an unreasonable and unwarranted over-reaction. -- Thermometer (talk) 14:24, 27 September 2023 (UTC)
- "Because 'Im suicided' would be redundant as the Suicide category already exists." No, it wouldn't. The Suicide category doesn't have to have the narrator kill themselves. It can be any other character in the pasta. "Im suicided" on the other hand would deal only with the narrator killing themselves during the events of the pasta. In other words, it would be a combination of "Im died" and the Suicide category. "Not every common pasta trope needs a corresponding category, that would make things cluttered" Maybe, but to help boost visits to pastas on this wiki, we should make categories for bad common creepypasta tropes. "The English Class Failure category wasn't added to your pasta due to the spelling and grammatical errors being minimal." You're missing the point; I was asking for if the "Pages with grammar that doesn't suck" category (I misnamed it in my initial reply but I was reasonably expecting you to know what I meant) could be added to my pasta, or if you could make a "Pages with grammar that mostly doesn't suck" category for articles with mostly good English but there're a few errors. "I don't know what you mean by 'So that page lists categories that won't be made'." I was referring to Categories That Will Never Be Made. I was reasonably expecting you to know what page I was referring to, since you're an admin and therefore would know the wiki well. "As for 'not replying to messages', I have replied to every message sent on my talk page. Several users who have messaged me on my talk page are also in the Discord server..." For messages resolved via Discord, add a notice that the message was resolved via Discord. ~~~~ CreeperExplodeMakesGames14 (talk) 20:56, 27 September 2023 (UTC)
- We used to have a lot of hyper-specific categories like this back in 2011-2012, and honestly, it made trying to organize anything on this site an unholy pain in the ass. I think we'll stick with our current system for the time being, even if it doesn't account for every possible variable. LOLSKELETONS (talk) 08:24, 28 September 2023 (UTC)