Trollpasta Wiki:Genre Listing
DO NOT ADD NON-EXISTENT CATEGORIES TO PAGES! If you feel that a category you have in mind would be a useful addition to this site, talk it up with an administrator.
Specific Category Rules
|Trollpasta||Cannot be added together with Bad Creepypasta, Not Sure if Troll or Trying to Be Serious, Bad Fanfiction, Dronik Pastas, Ghastly Macaroni, or Pre-Trollpasta|
|Vidya games||Cannot be added together with Pokemon, Mario, Minecrap, Sonic or Zel-DUUHHH.|
|Minecrap||Cannot be added together with File Extensions, and COMPUTERS AND INTERWEBZ|
|Benjamin||Cannot be added together with Zel-DUUHHH|
|Lost Episodes||Cannot be added together with TELAVISHUN|
|Pages with grammar that doesn't suck||Cannot be added together with English Class Failure, and ENGLISH, MUDDAFUGGA! DO YOU SPEAK IT?!|
|Im died||Cannot be added together with Suicide, and Rocks Fall, Everybody Dies|
|Cliche Madness||Cannot be added together with I WAS AN INTERN AT, Hyper-realistic, Pointless Violence and YOU'RE NEXT|
|Loads of Characters||Cannot be added together with Jeff the Killer, PROOF DAT SLENDURMAN EXUSTS, Benjamin, and EVIL PATRIXXX|
|Ghetto Talk||Cannot be added with Blatant Ripoffs and Excessive Profanity|
|Well, that was pointless.||Cannot be added together with Well, that was anticlimactic.|
|Old Shit||This category is for pastas written before January 2013.
It cannot be added together with Pre-Trollpasta, Dronik Pastas, Ghastly Macaroni, and Classics
|MOTHER OF FUCK THIS PAGE IS LONG LIKE MY PAINIS||Do not use this category ironically, like putting it in a very short page.
This category can only be added to pastas that are around 20,000 bytes or more
|Bad Creepypasta||Cannot be added together with Not Sure if Troll or Trying to Be Serious|
|Memes||Cannot be added together with Shrek, And then a skeleton popped out, Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air, and WHO WAS PHONE?|
|Ghastly Macaroni||Cannot be added together with ALL CAPS or SUGGESTED READING. (Though there are a few exceptions).|
|Archive||Cannot be added together with Meta|
|PLZ DELETE THIS NOW KTHX||Do not add this category to pastas already tagged with DO NOT DELETE, or Dronik Pastas|
|WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT||Use sparingly. Due to the nature of Trollpastas, it's easy for them to dabble in some very strange territory, so this category should only be reserved for pastas with the weirdness cranked up to 11 or if they cause a visceral "WTF" reaction.|
These categories are only to be added by admins.
General Use Story Categories
- Animulz: For pastas featuring animals.
- Bad Fanfiction: Self-explanatory.
- BATTELS: For pastas with fights.
- Beings: For pastas with creatures.
- Demins and Debbils: For pastas involving Satan, demons and/or devils.
- EVIL FOOD: Haunted food, or food that comes to life.
- Blatant Ripoffs: For pastas that blatantly steal concepts and ideas from other stories.
- Ghetto Talk: For pastas translated through the website Gizoogle.
- COMPUTERS AND INTERWEBZ: For pastas that involve computers or the internet.
- File Extensions: For pastas about file extensions.
- Characters: Character bios.
- Loads of Characters: If a pasta features loads of characters, tag it as this rather than any one character category.
- Benjamin: For pastas featuring BEN.
- EVIL PATRIXXX: For pastas that feature EVIL PATRIXXX.
- Jeff the Killer: For pastas that feature Jeff the Killer.
- PROOF DAT SLENDURMAN EXUSTS: For pastas featuring Slenderman.
- Cliche Madness: This should only be used in pastas featuring AS MANY CLICHÉS AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE (á la GOODBYE SPONGEBOB).
- I WAS AN INTERN AT: For pastas featuring the old "I was an intern at" creepypasta cliché.
- Hyper-realistic: For pastas that describe something as "hyper-realistic."
- Pointless Violence: For pastas that over-rely on violence at an attempt to be scary or funny.
- YOU'RE NEXT: For pastas that feature the cliché phrase "You're next!"
- Collab: For pastas that were made by more than one person.
- DIALOGUE!: For pastas with bad, cheesy, and/or hammy dialogue.
- Dreams: For pastas involving dreams.
- Excessive Profanity: For pastas with lots of swearing.
- Grammar and spelling
- ALL CAPS: For pastas that are written completely in capitals.
- English Class Failure: For pastas that have bad grammar/spelling/punctuation.
- ENGLISH, MUDDAFUGGA! DO YOU SPEAK IT?!: For pastas that have terrible grammar and can be hard to read.
- I CAN HAZ TRANSLATION?: For pastas that are not written in English, or contain foreign languages.
- Pages with grammar that doesn't suck: For pastas with good grammar.
- Inside Jokes: Pastas based on in-jokes between users.
- Jornel: For pastas in the style of journals and diaries.
- Lists: For lists.
- Look at me! I'm SO EDGY!: For pastas that over-rely on being edgy or shocking in an attempt to be scary or funny.
- Lost Episodes: For pastas about a lost episode of a TV show.
- Spongeboob: For pastas that involve SpongeBob.
- MARY SUE ALERT: For pastas that contain characters who are basically perfect and have little to no weakness.
- Memes: For pastas based on memes, or involve memes.
- Morons Attempting Poetry: Poetry.
- NSFW: Pastas you really wouldn't want to be caught reading.
- Overused Running Gag: Any pasta relating to, in any way, a joke that is used over and over again.
- Pasta stuff
- Bad Creepypasta: Self-explanatory.
- Not Sure if Troll or Trying to Be Serious: Creepypastas so horrible, that you can't even tell if they're creepypastas or not.
- Deletion Log Refugees: For pastas removed from Creepypasta-related wikis.
- Old Shit: Old trollpastas. Not iconic, but they're recognizable ones from December 2012 and before.
- Satire: Stories that make fun of Creepypasta clichés (and sometimes other things, too).
- Trollpasta: For Trollpastas.
- Pre-Trollpasta: For pastas that were made before the term "trollpasta" was coined.
- Bad Creepypasta: Self-explanatory.
- Potty Humor: Pastas whose humor is scatological in nature.
- Rants: For pastas that contain rants.
- Rituwel: Pastas involving rituals.
- SMOKE WEED ERRYDAY: Pastas either involving drugs and/or drug consumption, or if the author sounds like they're on drugs.
- Stupid is as the main character does: For pastas which feature a dumb main character.
- Stuff Blowing Up: Self-explanatory.
- TELAVISHUN: For pastas that involve television, like TV shows.
- THERY: For theories.
- TOTALLY NOT UNFINISHED U GUIZE: For pastas that are clearly unfinished.
- TRUE STORY: For stories which the author insists actually happened, or are based on a true story.
- That just raises more questions!: For pastas that raise way more questions than answers.
- Unnecessary Sequels: Sequels or prequels to stories that didn't need them.
- Vidya games: For video-game-related pastas.
- WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT: Pastas that are especially confusing/bizarre/effed up.
- YT Readings: YouTube pasta readings.
- Classics: For classic/iconic pastas. Admin-only.
- DO NOT DELETE: Self-explanatory. Admin-only.
- FOTM: For pastas that were voted "Fail of the Month". Admin-only.
- TPOTM: For pastas that were voted "Trollpasta of the Month". Admin-only.
- SUGGESTED READING: A good start for those who are new to trollpasta. Admin-only.
- Ghastly Macaroni: Stories written by John Wojcik, generally recognized to be one of the "fathers" of trollpastas.
- PLZ DELETE THIS NOW KTHX: Pages that need to be deleted.
- Unfunny: Examples of how not to write a trollpasta. Admin-only.
- Videos: Pastas with videos in them. If there is not a video on the page, it does not go in this category.
- Site maintenance
- Archive: For inactive/legacy pages. Admin-only.
- Blog posts: Self-explanatory.
- Meta: For important site-related pages. Admin-only.
- Site maintenance: For general site maintenance. Admin-only.
- Pages with proper attribution: Self explanatory. This is for pages whose authors are known.
- Unneeded: For unneeded categories. Admin-only.
- User: For users and user-related content on this wiki.